Johnson State College
Choosing to go to college can be very beneficial for a person. It can open up new employment opportunities, connect you with new and interesting people, and show you many walks of life. But not everyone can afford to go to college. Most of the best schools are either highly exclusive or very expensive. Luckily, in each location there are several colleges and universities to choose from. In the state of Vermont, one of the best colleges includes Johnson State College.
Johnson State College is a public liberal arts college found in Johnson, in the state of Vermont. The school was founded in 1828 by John Chesamore. The school and the town was named after William Samuel Jonson, a jurist, educator and statesman. The original campus of the school was built in the village of Johnson. Over time, the school eventually expanded. And the local community slowly built higher upon the foundation. The school’s campus is now called College Hill, a historic location in the town. The hill is settled upon a plateau above the village and it features a view of Sterling Mountain and the Sterling Mountain Range. Johnson State College is a member of the Vermont State Colleges.
The school has a student to faculty ratio of 14:1. Almost all of the college’s faculty members (91%) has a Ph.D. or the equivalent doctorate level terminal degree in their area of expertise. Of the nearly 2,000 students that attend the school each term, 60% of them come from the state of Vermont. The other 40% come from other states and over a dozen other countries. Among the programs offered by the school includes graduate programs such as an MFA in Studio Arts, Master of Arts in Counseling, and a Master of Arts in Education. Portions of these programs can be finished with a low residency requirement. Parts of the MFA in Studio Arts program includes course work in combination with the Vernon Studio Center in Johnson.
Johnson State College is part of the National Collegiate Athletic Association or NCAA, in their Division III. The school is a member of the North Atlantic Conference or NAC. The school fields teams in several sports including basketball, tennis, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer and volleyball. The school colors are Green Navy Blue and White and the School nickname are the Badgers.
Choosing the right college is a very important decision and every person has to take seriously. Each student has to take their time and make sure that they have made the right choice. There are a lot of options available in each state and location, and each person can take their time in making sure of their choice. In the end, each student will benefit from their decision for the rest of their lives. Choosing Johnson State College can only help a student improve their life and open up new opportunities.